Quite a lot of the functionality of There is accessed through browser windows. This means that if you carefully construct URLs, you can attach that functionality to in-world document objects such as scrolls. In particular, you can construct a teleport scroll by placing a TeleportLink on a scroll. The basic form of a TeleportLink is as follows:
To the end of this template you need to add the doid of the object to which you wish to teleport. You can find the doid of most objects (an 8-digit or 9-digit decimal number) by standing next to it in-world and enabling DoidVision. To get the doid for a FunZone, look up its details in the “Find Places” part of the There web site, then type Ctrl+N to view the page in a new window and copy the doid from the address bar. Or, read the FunZone’s sign in-world and use Ctrl+N in the same way.
You can only teleport to certain classes of object:
- your own avatar (pretty useless)
- ElTemploDelPollo (probably one of a kind, although Templar in Tyr might be similar)
For example, pasting the following into the link field of a scroll will give you a teleport scroll whose destination is ElTemploDelPollo:
Objects that you can not teleport to include:
- avatars other than your own (presumably to protect against stalking)
- scrolls, books or other documents
- QuestKit elements (bottles, balloons, chests, etc.)
- Paintball targets
- random parts of the landscape, such as rocks or trees
When you teleport to an object, the location to which you teleport depends on the object’s type.
- House: teleports to the house’s front porch. This is the same location as you teleport to if you exit the house through its front door.
- PortaZone: teleports to the back boundary of the zone. If you take out a PortaZone, you will find that your avatar is standing 1.5m from the “front” rope of the zone. The teleport point is the equivalent point exactly on the opposite rope boundary, facing back towards the drop point. This is the same point as the one you teleport to if you use the “exit this place” option. Peculiarly, it is actually within the zone.
- FunZone: teleports to the middle of the zone’s entry platform.
- ElTemploDelPollo: teleports to just outside the front door.
- Signs: the teleport point is facing the front of the sign, stepped back from it a distance that depends on the type of sign. Broadly, this distance is larger for taller signs. Knowing these distances can be useful if, for example, you are planting a teleport destination sign on a platform or roof and are finding that your avatar ends up falling to the ground.
|Sign Type||Drop Distance||Teleport Distance|
|Choose From Five Tally||2.1m||8.8m|
|Two Team Scoreboard||2.2m||13.3m|